Asteroid hormone and the most potent naturally occuring androgen that is formed by the interstitials cells of the testes, and by the overy and adrenal cortex, may be produced in no glandular tissues from precursors such as androstenedoine, and is used in the treatment of hypogonadism, cryptochism, carcinomas, and menorhagia.
Testosterone accelerates muscle build up, increases the formation of red blood cells, speeds up regeneration, and speeds up recovery time after injuries or illness. It also stimulates the entire metabolism which result in the burning of body fat.
How to raise testosterone levels the Natural way
- Start weight training. Since testosterone declines at a steady rate, it is believed that raising your hormone levels naturally in your 20s and 30s can help to maintain higher levels later on.
- Lift heavy. Studies have found that lifting weights that allow you to do about five reps. (70 to 80 percent of one rep max) produces the greatest increase in testosterone levels.
- Choose multi joint exercises that work you large muscle groups such as squats, dead lifts, bence press, lunges, chin ups, and rows. Studies have shown that these exercises can increase testosterone more then single joint, small muscle movements.
- Do at least three sets of each exercise. You will get more testosterone production from doing three sets.
- Lose the belly fat. Carrying excess body weight contributes to a decline in testosterone production and can increase in Estogen production.
- Dont drastically lose weight, do it slowly. If you exercise intensively and cut caloric intake by more than 15% the body thinks you’re starving and stops testosterone production. Ironically, this dive in circulating testosterone stops you from burning body fat efficiently, so your actually thwarting you hard efforts to melt that tire off your gut.
- Make sure 30 percent of your diet comes from fat. Your body needs dietary fat to produce testosterone.
- Lower your stress levels. Being overly stressed stimulates the release of ‘cortisol’, a highly catabolic hormone that will cause your testosterone to plummet.
- Get a minimum of seven hours of sleep per night. This is the time your body does the bulk of its healing, reparing and producing.
Foods that help the production of Testosterone
Beef, chicken, fish, raw oysters, eggs, celery, garlic, broccoli, cauliflower, radishes, turnips, cabbage, brussels sprouts, tomatoes, red peppers, spinach, pumpkin seeds, bananas, avacado, almonds, blueberries, apples, pineapples, olive oil, peanut oil..